Tuesday, September 1, 2009

M J Landau, May 19, 1927-Aug 25, 2009




I want to say that I lost my mother last week but I didn't. I have her forever in my heart. I know we had similar feelings on life and the world and I know she was ready to move on to what is next. Mom was very alert right up to the last day. One of the last things she said was "I'm tired of this." Her body was letting her down. She chose to no longer go though any support or kidney dialysis. She passed when all of her children where there three hours after I flew in to Pittsburgh. She passed smiling.


Mom was not only one of the countries top painters she was even better as a pastel portrait artist. We tend to take for granted how great the people around us are and I was reminded of her greatness the day after she passed and we where looking through some of her work. I have always said that I missed the gift she had with her eye and hand with a brush or pencil to do her talking. I always tried to do the same with a camera. We both believed that we wanted to show scenes of places we or someone else would like to be or feel.


MJ was a mother of 5, an artist, a councilor and even up to last minute a comedian. When asked if she wanted to be cremated she replied "Not until I'm dead please!"


Thank you mom for all you have given us, I am sure your energy will be in a great place and you will be even happier.


I attached a couple paintings that I have over my desk. I was on the larger boat that belonged to my grandfather in Bimini of which this scene is.